10. Suspect by Robert Crais isn’t a part of his very popular Elvis Cole series, but fans are lining up anyway. This standalone novel is about Maggie, who is working her way back to normal after a traumatic stint in Afghanistan, and her new partner, LAPD cop Scott James who is trying to recover from being involved in a shooting that left him wounded and his partner dead. Can Scott and Maggie discover who was behind the shooting? Did I mention Maggie is a German Shepherd?
9. Shiver by Karen Robards begins as single mom Samantha tries to earn a living as a repo woman. She finds the car she’s expected to take, but she did not expect to find a wounded man in the trunk. Soon Sam and her young son are hostages, and ruthless drug dealers are on their trail.
8. Shadow Woman by Linda Howard has a chilling premise: what if you woke up one morning and the face in the mirror wasn’t your own? That’s what happens to Lizette Henry in this new thriller. She also seems to be missing two years of her life, but has acquired some unusual skills—the kind a secret agent would have—and some disturbing memories.
7. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson is the conclusion to Jordan’s epic fantasy series, “The Wheel of Time.” It’s time for the final battle, and humanity’s fate will be decided. If you’re not sure what all that means, you may want to start with Eye of the World.
6. Kinsey and Me by Sue Grafton is a collection of Kinsey stories that reveal a bit more of the beloved private detective’s past as well as some insight into her author.
5. Cross Roads by William Young is the follow-up novel to the immensely popular The Shack. Anthony Spenser is a proud self-made businessman. While in a coma from a sudden cerebral hemorrhage, he finds himself in another world where he has a chance to reassess his life.
4. The 12th of Never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro is the latest in the very popular Women’s Murder Club series. Need I say more?
3. The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag has investigators Sam Kovac and Nikki Liska on the trail of a serial killer whose latest victim was an adolescent girl—Jane Doe #9.
2. Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb is the 37th book to feature Eve Dallas. This time, Eve is investigating the case of a woman who died during what looks like a robbery gone wrong. As most know, Robb is a pen name for the ever popular Nora Roberts.
And the most wanted book is:
Alex Cross, Run by James Patterson has the popular detective being called to case after case. It appears no less than three serial killers are on the loose, sending the city into a panic. If Alex isn’t careful, he may find he’s the next victim.
(Note: I omitted The Bone Tree by Greg Iles from the list. The book is scheduled to be out December 1, 2013.)
While I don’t usually include videos, I can’t resist this time. While the movie Ted is the most requested, only one reserve separates it from Downton Abbey Season 2. In the third spot is Downton Abbey Season 1. Even if you’ve watched the shows on PBS, it’s worth watching the DVDs for some deleted scenes.