Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Winter Book Bingo!

 As some of you may remember, the BPL staff are big fans of Book Bingo.  Personally, I like it because it encourages me to read outside of my usual rut and for bragging rights:  several staff members like to go for "Blackout Bingo" in which one accomplishes the tasks for all the squares. I've managed it a couple of times, but fell one square short once.  To redeem myself,  I have been busily reading this time but apparently I can't read in a straight line:

This was not intentional but I have somehow managed to avoid every single bingo. No diagonals, no straight lines, no four corners. The book I will finish next is a non-fiction title, so  my record will remain intact.   After that, however, it will be Bingo City! 

So far favorite titles have included Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett (Award Winning Book), Enola Holmes and the Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer (Book Made into a Movie), Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson (NYT Bestseller), and Take Me to the Five and Dime by Connie Willis (Book Set in Winter).

In case you are interested in creating your own non-bingo, here are images of the sheets as well:






(And I might as well confess, I think all of us just picked a children's book for "Book About Polar Bears."  We recommend Polar Bear's Underwear.)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment