Saturday, October 23, 2010

Scary Books & Movies, Part 2

Nancy's Picks:

When I was in my twenties I read "The Stand" by Stephen King. It is an apocalyptic tale in which survivors of a world-wide plague are caught up in a battle between the forces of good and evil.

Mr. King scared the doo-wah-diddy out of me with this book. I give him credit for being an excellent writer, but confess I never again read one of his books. My psyche is too fragile and impressionable for his genre.

You would think this experience would have constituted a complete lesson for me, but, no. I actually completed the lesson a few years later by seeing the movie "The Omen." Ever seen this gem? It's a good movie to see if you're interested in feeling slightly uneasy FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

"Personally, I prefer The Birds." 

No comments:

Post a Comment