Once again, we're going to highlight the most requested books at the Bristol Public Library. These are the ones with the most reserves for Main and Avoca, not for the system as a whole so that we're listing what local folk really want. As usual, there are some repeats from last month's listing, but most are new-- with at least one surprise entry. Here's the countdown:
11. Unnatural Acts: A Stone Barrington Novel by Stuart Woods has Stone being hired to help steer a billionaire's son toward a better path. Naturally, things don't go quite as planned. This book will be released in April.
10. Stay Close by Harlan Coben is a standalone thriller by one of the best writers in the genre. A seventeen year old murder comes back to haunt the cop who failed to solve the case, and a woman who thought she'd left her past in the past.
9. Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas is the first in a trilogy by this up and coming contemporary romance writer. Lucy was doubly betrayed: not only did her fiance dump her, but his new lover is Lucy's own sister. Sam, a local vineyard owner, strikes up a friendship with her but just as Lucy begins to believe she has feelings for Sam, she makes a devastating discovery.
8. Unwritten Laws by Greg Iles is now slated to be published in December, 2012. This sequel to The Devil's Punchbowl was delayed when Iles was injured in an accident.
6. The Adventures of Tintin is a collection of three of the comic books by Belgian artist Georges Remi who wrote under the name Herge. Tintin has been a European star for decades--the stories began in the late 1920s and continued until Remi's death in 1986-- but many Americans weren't aware of his existence until the recent Spielberg film. Tintin is a young reporter who travels the world with his dog, Snowy, and becomes involved in numerous exotic adventures.
5. 11th Hour by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro is the newest title in the Women's Murder Club series. It's due out in May.
4. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult is the latest best selling book from an author who takes contemporary issues and frames them as unforgettable family dramas.
2. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris is the newest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. It will be out in May.
And the number one book on reserve is:
1. Guilty Wives by James Patterson and David Ellis is a non-series thriller. Patterson's winning streak continues unabated!